Flexible booking protection with our Recommended Insurance Policy.
If you book a policy with our recommended supplier, you can rest assured you’ll be covered even if you have to cancel your booking up to the day of departure if you or a member of your party are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of the start of your trip.
Covid19 Additional Benefits Included in Recommended Policy…
Covid Medical Cover
- Medical Expenses covered if you or your travelling companions are diagnosed with Covid-19 abroad.
- Additional accommodation & Travel expenses abroad due to Covid-19 diagnosis. Insured must contact the Emergency Assistance line
Covid Cancellation Cover
- Cancellation cover if you diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of departure.
- Cancellation cover if you are hospitalised with Covid-19 within 31 days of departure.
- Cancellation cover if your travelling companion(s) are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of departure
- Cancellation cover if your travelling companion(s) are hospitalised with Covid-19 within 31 days of departure.
- Cancellation cover if somebody you have arranged to stay with abroad is diagnosed with Covid-19
All customers travelling with Travel Department must have adequate travel insurance. Travel Department recommend Blue Insurances comprehensive policy to residents of the UK; we suggest you avail of this. Travel insurance can be purchased online at the time by clicking on the link below.
We understand that there may be some concerns around Covid when booking your holiday. Having an insurance policy is a must for any of our holidays. We have teamed up with Blue Insurance to offer you a range of policies to purchase at the time of booking.
We’ve got you covered with new insurance policies available to purchase when booking with Covid cover, so you’re taking peace of mind with you wherever you go. Our policies include cover for cancellation as a result of a positive diagnosis of Covid-19. Our policies now cover Medical Expenses abroad as a result of Covid-19.
All other claims relating to Covid-19 or Government Restrictions on travel are excluded. The policy will not cover cancellation due to government lockdown or travel restrictions imposed by the Department of Foreign Affairs or if you are advised to self-isolate without a positive Covid diagnosis You have a 14-day cooling off period during which you may cancel your policy without penalty.
We would like to draw your attention to the Important Conditions Relating to Health. This travel insurance does not include pre-existing medical conditions, if you have pre-existing medical conditions, please contact the Medical Screening Number on the insurance Policy document to advise of any pre-existing medical conditions. You will receive a follow up email with the insurance policy document and summary IPID for review. We would suggest you pay special attention to any exclusion clauses and excess on your insurance policy to ensure you are happy with your cover. It is your responsibility to read your insurance policy before you travel and to check that the insurance scheme provides you with your desired level of cover.
*All insurance bookings will be made directly with Blue Insurance UK and will not form part of your booking or contract with Travel Department. Any queries relating to insurance cover or bookings must be directed to www.blueinsurance.co.uk