We have collated some of the most Frequently Asked Questions, to help provide information regarding travel during the COVID pandemic.
Covid Travel Advice
Can I still book a holiday?
We are offering flexible bookings on all 2021 departures where any new bookings made can be changed for free or you can swap your deposit for a voucher that has no expiry date. This flexibility is valid right up to when your balance is due. Rest assured you can book with confidence today and give yourself something to look forward to. For any new 2022 bookings made after 30th of June 2021, standard cancellation terms will apply.
What happens if I want to change my holiday plans?
If you are uncertain about travelling and have booked at a time when we were offering flexible deposits, you can transfer to a later date or exchange your deposit for a voucher, provided you let us know before your balance is due. If you are travelling outside of the EU and based on government advice, your tour cannot go ahead, we will contact you about alternative arrangements prior to your balance due date.
What is the latest update on international travel from the UK?
A travel traffic light system is currently being used to organise countries into three categories – green, amber, and red – to determine what safety measures are needed in order to travel to those places. This will be reviewed every 3 weeks. You can see more on this at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
What if my destination is on the Red or Amber list?
Travel Department want to ensure the safety of all of our customers and ensure that you have a fun and hassle-free experience when travelling with us. With this in mind, we will not be running any tours to Red listed countries. We may run tours to Amber destinations, however, you will be given the option at balance payment date of whether or not you wish to proceed with your booking. As this list is changed frequently, we may be forced to cancel our tours at short notice. We will of course contact you as soon as we are aware of any changes to the list which may prohibit your journey.
Will I have to quarantine when I return to the UK from the EU?
- Passengers arriving into UK from a green list country will not have to undergo quarantine. However, tests are required to be taken 3 days prior to your return to the UK and in some cases after your return.
- Passengers arriving into the UK from an amber list country must quarantine at home for 10 days. You must also take a COVID-19 test prior to returning to the UK. You must also book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 travel tests – to be taken after arrival in England.
- We are pleased to be able to offer you discounts on any necessary tests at www.Randoxhealth.com using discount code AITO43
- Please find more details including testing requirements here: https://www.gov.uk/travel-abroad
- We will of course contact you before you are due to travel if there are any further requirements for your trip.
How will I know what is required at my destination?
- We will contact you about any special requirements as soon as we can prior to your tour and will aim to give you an update before your balance is due.
- Travel Department constantly monitors the situation for all its destinations and if any adjustments need to be made to any part of your itinerary, you can be sure that we will do our best to let you know as soon as possible.
- Your tour guide will advise you of any local customs and practices, such as the rules for mask wearing, when you arrive.
What happens if the situation changes after I have paid my balance?
Once you have paid your balance, if the situation changes regarding travel restrictions, we will be in touch with you to discuss your options.
What insurance will I need for my holiday?
You need to ensure that the travel insurance you purchase includes cover for cancellation as a result of a positive diagnosis of Covid-19 and also cover Medical Expenses abroad as a result of Covid-19. You can book insurance here.
I don’t have a UK passport. What are the rules that apply to me?
Please contact your local embassy to confirm your individual situation.